This beautiful and unique historical "Castello di Carimate" today destined to Hotel 4-Star Restaurant with rooms, 66 suites &, and a restaurant with indoor room capacity up to 120 people, outdoor terrace seating up to 350 people, various rooms Conference rooms, wellness center, parking for about 50 cars, with large wooded park with direct connection to the adjacent Golf course. HISTORY: the earliest documents announced that the reconstruction in 1345 a citadel in Luchino Visconti site, destroyed by previous conflicts between Como and Milan. In 1380, Bernab Visconti sold the castle to his wife Beatrice Regina della Scala. The castello Visconti, and pass through a few hands in 1415, Filippo Maria Visconti, granted the castle to Domenico Aicardi, Captain of his stable, as a reward for having revealed the conspiracy of the fašade of the castle of Carimate Malatesta, Arcelli and of Beccaria. In addition, the State granted the right to add the suffix "Visconti to his name. After the transfer of power by the Visconti, Galeazzo Maria Sforza in 1477 to Sfroza reconfirmed the property as belonging to the heirs of George Sadan Visconti Aa, including a son Lancelotto Visconti, that in 1481 renovate the Castle again. Among the distinguished guests there was Bianca Maria Sforza, daughter of the Duke of Milan in 1493, escorted by a large procession in Germany to become the bride of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor. In 1496 and 1499 Massimiliano himself stay in the Castle. In 1626, with the death of Annibale Visconti, last male descendant of Domenico Ajcardi, the castle became property of an ultimately Ottavio Visconti, whose family guests the Castle until 1795, when mor his last male descendant, Lodovico Visconti. In 1800 the castle was sold to brothers Christopher and Carlo Arnaboldi of Como. In 1874, Bernardo Arnaboldi Gazzaniga, Earl of Pirocco, run another major renovation of the Castle. Photographs of the time documenting how he exposed his vast collection of paintings, tapestries and other artwork in your home. The large square block of a Gothic-style building has a central courtyard. Traces of a Portcullis and drawbridge remain at the entrance, the former Concierge. The southwest corner there a high tower of bricks, mostly separate from the main block. The entrance features a number of asymmetries to the structure. The Windows of the second floor are pointed mullioned Windows; the crenellated roofline, as well as parts of fences on the side of the city. The north side has a terrace above the grounds. The Castle, now just 30 minutes from Milan, currently used as a hotel and spa from 66 rooms, with access to nearby golf course adjacent to the restaurant. The interior decoration includes neo-Gothic ribs and ceiling decorations added in the 19th century. Curiosity: between 1977 and 1987 some rooms of the Castle were used as a recording studio under the name Stone Castle Studios. Here they recorded artists such as Fabrizio De Andr, Mia Martini, Pooh, Lucio Dalla, Antonello Venditti, Riccardo Cocciante, Nena, Paul Young and Roberto Vecchioni.
Energy Class: 118,50 kWh/m3
Hi! Click on one of our assistants to send a message, they will reply as soon as possible.